Sunday, August 12, 2012

     Today I ran a mile! I did 4 complete laps around the track without stopping. I've actually been working toward this goal for months now. 6 years ago I could barely walk one lap due to the exhaustion I felt from my Crohn's disease. The right foods can literally make the difference between energy and absolute exhaustion.

     How did I do it? I figured out my trigger foods and then completely eliminated them from my diet. In order to do this I kept a food logue of everything I ate and drank. I then noted the results, in the bathroom. I started to make connections. I found that if I eliminate all wheat, gluten and corn from my diet, my Crohns is in complete remission. I also eliminated all derivatives of these foods, such as white vinegar, which comes from corn.

     Now, broadening my theory, I believe that many "auto-immune" diseases are nothing but food allergies, or intolerances. I also was diagnosed with relapsing polychodritis. Relapsing Polychondritis is also one of those auto-immune diseases. This has also gone completely into remission.

     It may be worth looking into. Please let me know if you try to eliminate certain foods and if it works for you. Corn, wheat, gluten, fish, milk, tree nuts, peanuts and citric acid are some common allergens. One allergen can be eliminate for a few days to see if there is a change. It takes a lot of time and patience.

My email if you want to send a message:

lynne1408@earthlink.net

No comments:

Post a Comment