Monday, January 31, 2022

Perfect Breakfast: Cream of rice with fruit

 I found a box of Cream of Rice tucked back in my closet. I had forgotten how delicious, healthy and versatile it is. I made the cereal in my microwave according to directions. Then I added strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and banana slices. Drizzled with honey and topped with almonds. Of course any fruits would be good. The added iron is a plus if you have been bleeding.

To stay in remission from Crohn's I avoid all gluten, wheat and corn was well as gluten and corn derivatives. Of course Cream of Wheat would be a big NO. I can eat any fruit and all vegetables except corn. Note: I would not recommend berries or nuts during active flare since seed can get stuck and add to the inflammation. Stick with soothing fruits such as banana.

#crohns #glutenfree #cornfree #Crohnsflare #Dietforcrohns #crohnsdiet #Foodasmedicine

#cancrohnsbecured #creamofrice 





No comments:

Post a Comment