Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Safe Egg Salad

 Once in a while I get a real craving for egg salad. Here's how I make it Crohn's friendly according to my diet. First the mayo. I only use Veganaise. Vegenaise does not use white distilled vinegar. White vinegar is derived from corn. Corn and corn derivatives will flare me. Veganaise uses apple cider vinegar instead. I'm sure it also lends to the flavor. Mayo may also contain corn syrup. Another no no. Second is mustard. Again, mustard contains white distilled vinegar. I have found that using the spice is just as easy and delicious.

No recipe. I just mashed up two hard boiled eggs and added chopped celery, carrots and onion. Then I added Vegenaise, mustard powder, salt, pepper and turmeric. 

I ate mine on a plain rice cake. Ive also used Against the Grain rolls and bagels.


#safefoodsforcrohns #crohnsdiet #dietforcrohns #glutenfree #cornfree #eggsalad

#veganaise #foodasmedicine #cancrohnsbecured #crohnsflare





No comments:

Post a Comment