Wednesday, February 27, 2019

No flare after surgery

 
     Two weeks ago I had preventative surgery. I had a total hysterectomy. Not that anything was wrong. I had tested positive for the BRCA2 gene mutation. This is the one that causes breast, ovarian and other cancers.

     The surgeon had told me that this operation would definitely flare my colon. He prescribed me prednisone for post surgery, just in case. Well it didn't flare! Very thankful. No flare!

     Now the question is why. For one thing, I was 100% careful about what I ate. I didn't take any chances. I even packed a snack bag for my hospital stay. Turns out that I had very little appetite anyhow. So I'm just glad that I did not flare.

     Anyone who is interested may check out my other blog, BRCA2 Warrior. On this blog I detail what I have gone through with testing and preventative measures to combat this deadly gene mutation. I feel that even though I have this gene mutation there is still a lot that I can control.

www.beatingbrca2.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment