Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Making Substitutions: mayonnaise

 With warmer weather coming soon it makes me think of cookouts and coleslaw. Yum except I can't eat traditional coleslaw dressing without it leading to a flare. 

To avoid flaring, I avoid all gluten and corn, as well as all derivatives of corn and gluten. Unfortunately this includes white distilled vinegar, found in regular mayonnaise. White vinegar is a derivative of corn. Mayonnaise may also contain corn syrup, another derivative of corn.

Fortunately for me I have Vegenaise. It's a mayonnaise made with regular sugar and apple cider vinegar. To me it tastes exactly the same.

Bonus: Here's how I made my coleslaw with dressing last night:

3 cups cabbage and carrots (shredded or rough chopped)(or try other veggies like green onion and broccoli)

1/3 cup Vegenaise

2 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar

1 Tablespoon sugar

salt and pepper to taste





No comments:

Post a Comment