Sunday, June 28, 2009

Spinach Pekora

This is what I had for dinner tonight. There are only 3 ingredients to these spinach pekoras, but they are really good. I start with a can of chopped spinach and drain it really well. Then I add 2 eggs and rice flour; enough to make a nice mushy batter, not too runny. Drop by tablespoons into hot oil. Not deep frying, just enough oil to keep them from sticking. The oil that I use is canola, those others are also good, but not corn oil, of course. Turn over when the other side becomes golden brown. I take them out and drain them on a paper towel. I sprinkle them with salt. I like mine with a dollop of plain yogurt on top of them. Another variation is to add other veggies also, such as peppers, carrots (chopped or shredded), or mushrooms. You can experiment with different ones. I also sometimes add chic peas. I usually just see what I have in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment