Saturday, June 20, 2009

This has truly made my day! Betty Crocker has come out with gluten free mixes! I just tried the cookies (literally) and they were yummy. Checking the ingredients, they do contain vanilla. Vanilla sometimes has corn derivatives, but I think very little. The main flour is rice. Betty Crocker also came out with a cake mix and brownie mix. I did not get the brownie mix because it has xanthan gum in it; which I know I'm sensitive to. I also didn't get the cake mix because I wasn't able to find a suitable icing to go with it. I usually use a jar of Nutella for icing. Anyhow it was nice to have a special treat today!

New note 4-12-11
They have added xanthan gum to this box. I am very disappointed. When I ate just 2 cookies I was fine. But when I ate 6 the next day (yeah, I said 6), I got a mild flare. It seems that quantity does make a difference with certain ingredients.

Please feel free to contact me with comments, questions or suggestions.
Lynne1408@earthlink.net

No comments:

Post a Comment