Thursday, July 8, 2010

Trigger foods

     After reading a lot of posts, it seems that some people may have certain trigger foods which sets off their Crohn's, while other people have reactions to other foods. I found my trigger foods by keeping a food diary and keeping careful track of everything I ate and drank and the reactions. It became very clear to me that my trigger foods are wheat, gluten and corn.

     I can not assume that avoiding these trigger foods will help all people. I can only hope that it will help some people. I have eliminated these foods from my diet entirely. That is all foods that contain these ingredients and foods that contain derivatives of these foods, such as white vinegar (corn derivative), ketchup (contains corn syrup), mustard (vinegar), soda pop(corn syrup), soy sauce (contains gluten), powdered sugar (made with corn starch), mayo (vinegar), maltodextrin (gluten and corn) and many others. I've had to make a lot of substitutions. I've read hundreds of labels. I've eaten and tracked the results, sometimes not so pleasant. In the end, I've found a way to prevent my flares from coming back. I am selling nothing. I do not represent the products that I talk about. I just reference them, it they have been useful to me and my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment