Sunday, June 23, 2019

What I Eat: Barramundi





Last night we had delicious Barramundi fish. With fish, I don't add any sort of breading unless I'm sure it is gluten-free. Instead, I like to use lots of seasonings, including garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. I grilled it in the pan for about 10 minutes and flipped it half-way through.

I had a side of roasted broccoli and potatoes, mixed with some olive oil, salt, and pepper. I roasted them in the oven (425 F) for 20-25 minutes.

I always try to add lots of fresh fruits and veggies to my diet, so I had my fish with a side salad of leafy greens, apples, and peppers. Most dressings aren't good for my diet because they usually contain distilled white vinegar (which is derived from corn). To substitute, I love to use a combination of lemon juice and olive oil for a fresh taste!

[As a side note, distilled white vinegar is the ONLY type of vinegar that flares me. Apple cider, balsamic, white wine, and rice vinegar have never caused me to flare.]


No comments:

Post a Comment