Saturday, September 12, 2020

Beanitos

 For those of you missing corn tortilla chips this was a wonderful find! Beanitos skips the corn and uses beans to make these delicious and healthy chips.

The texture is very similar to corn, firm yet crunchy. Just the right amount of sea salt. Perfect size for dipping. I brought a bag of these chips with me while visiting my brother. While I was there my friends and family tried them and loved them. They do not need to eat gluten and corn free but still enjoyed them immensely. 

They contain 5 grams of protein per serving, not surprising since the main ingredient is beans. There is also a nice 4 grams of fiber per serving as well. The ingredients are beans, rice flour, tapioca flour, sunflower oil and sea salt. Pure and simple.

I recommend sticking with the black bean with sea salt, restaurant style with white beans,  Pinto bean with sea salt, as well as the Beanitos Dippers made with white beans and sea salt.

The most important thing is that these chips fit in with my restrictive diet. I must avoid all gluten and corn as well as corn derivatives. There is no corn in these chips. I would avoid the flavored chips as they can contain some corn derivatives. 

These chips can be found at Whole Foods and other natural retailers as well as on line at Amazon. Great with your favorite salsa. I used Whole Foods mango salsa.






No comments:

Post a Comment