Saturday, September 12, 2020

The Good Bean

 Looking for a way to oomph up a meal or add super crunch to a salad? These little chic peas add a nice crunchy salty flavor. Add them to foods or eat a handful as a snack.

There are 6 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber in each serving. Also only 120 calories. They contain nice simple ingredients of chic peas, sunflower or safflower oil and sea salt.  Although they come in other flavors, I recommend sticking with the sea salt as they may contain corn derivatives.

Available at a whole range of stores including; Whole Foods, CVS, Krogers, 7-eleven, Costco, Walmart and online at Amazon.

The addition of these chic peas fits perfectly into my restrictive diet. My diet eliminates all gluten, corn, and gluten and corn derivatives. This keeps me in remission from Crohn's through diet alone. I am not on any medicine for Crohn's at all. One other nice thing about this snack is that it contains sunflower and safflower oils as opposed to corn oil, which is found in a lot of crunchy snacks. Corn even in the form of oil is a big no-no.

I added these to my salad as well as a vegetarian cauliflower dish I made. The contrasting textures were amazing! See pictures below.







No comments:

Post a Comment