Thursday, September 3, 2020

What I Eat: Ful mudamas

 

This dish is a mainstay in the Middle East. Usually eaten for breakfast.  I prefer it for a healthy vegetarian dinner. 

Start with a cup of plain yogurt in a bowl. To the yogurt add 1 tablespoon tahini and one minced garlic clove. Stir. Add half a can drained chic peas. Top with chopped tomatoes and parsley. Add a nice drizzle of olive oil and at least two tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice. Finish by sprinkling it with paprika. I like a lot. 

It tastes best when heated in the microwave for a minute. Gently stir all the goodness together. 

Why this fits in with my diet: I can eat any fruit or vegetable except corn. There is no gluten in this recipe. Also no corn or corn derivatives. Everything is fresh. 

I do try to avoid milk products for the most part but I can tolerate yogurt. Though it will occasionally cause gas.

If you like babagunash and tabouli you will appreciate this recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment