Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Gluten Free Lasagna made with Jovial pasta

 Sometimes you just get an amazing craving for lasagna. I do. So last week I wanted some so badly. Of course I had to make my own since I am gluten and corn free. Here is the recipe I used but it may be tweaked as needed. 

These Jovial lasagna noodles held up nicely. The best thing is that I used them straight out of the box! No precooking needed. 

Why this fits in with my diet: I must avoid all gluten and corn as well as gluten and corn derivatives. The only ingredient that Jovial uses in these noodles is rice flour. I substitute Daisy cottage cheese for Ricotta which is usually used in lasagna. However ricotta is made with distilled white vinegar, which is derived from corn. Avoiding these things keeps my Crohn's from flaring.

Meat layer: 

1/2 pound ground meat (any)

2 jars spaghetti sauce

1 green pepper (diced)

large handful fresh mushrooms

Cheese layer:

Large container Daisy cottage cheese (this brand does not use vinegar)

8 cheese sticks cut into small pieces (most precut or shredded cheese contain starches)

2 eggs

basil and oregano to taste

Alternate layers of pasta, meat and cheese until everything is used up. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.

Bake 375 for 50 minutes

Follow me for more great recipes and product reviews.





No comments:

Post a Comment