Thursday, January 21, 2021

What I Eat: Green Banana Smoothie

 This smoothie makes a great breakfast and takes only minutes to make. I usually have all the ingredients available as staples in my kitchen.

Ingredients:

Large handful fresh spinach (at least a cup)

1 ripe banana (peeled)

1/3 cup Bob's Mills Muesli or fresh Gluten free oats

1 scoop protein powder (Amazing Greens or Warrior brands)

1 tsp ground flaxseed

3/4 cup Lactaid milk (or milk substitute)

Blend all ingredients until smooth and enjoy.


Why this fits into my diet: To stay in remission from Crohn's I avoid all gluten and corn, and gluten and corn derivatives. Bob's Mills uses gluten free oats. The protein powders are free from starches. Some protein powders contain malto-dextrin which is glutinous. I am lactose intolerant so I use the lactaid milk or almond milk. Flaxseeds, which are gluten free, add a nice amount of fiber.

If you like what you see, consider following me for other great recipes.









No comments:

Post a Comment