Thursday, January 28, 2021

What I Eat: Tuna Salad on rice cake

 Had a real hankering for tuna this morning. These are the vegetables I happened to have on hand today. Any vegetable will do, including carrot, radish, onion, parsley, sweet or hot pepper, snap peas...   I used:

1 small pouch tuna

1 small baby cucumber (peeled and sliced)

1/3 cup broccoli (chopped small)

1 tablespoon Vegenaise 

2 rice cakes

Why this fits with my diet: I make sure to get the tuna that is packed in water. The oil are questionable and could contain corn oil. The Vegenaise is a substitute for mayonnaise. Commercial mayonnaise contains white distilled vinegar which is a big no no. White vinegar is derived from corn. All forms of corn must be avoided to keep my Crohn's in remission. Vegenaise uses Apple Cider vinegar instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment