Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Fried Tofu with Curry

 Not normally a huge fan of tofu but this was really good. The key is how it affected the texture of the tofu. It was crunchy.So good. First I pressed the tofu with paper towels to rid it of some moiture. I sliced it up and coated it with quinoa and rice flour. Then I fried it up in coconut oil. I kept stirring and flipping to heat all sides. It takes at least 15 minutes to reach golden brown crunchy.

I served it with rice, asparagus and homemade curry sauce. My sauce:
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 fresh tomato, chopped
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon Siete hot sauce
1 small shallot
2 tablespoons Braggs Aminos or gluten free soysauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons curry powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon tumeric
combine all ingredients and simmer till fragrant and blended
turn off heat and add 1/4 cup plain yogurt
It is important to only use Braggs or guten free soysauce.
Siete is a brand that uses apple cider vinegar which is compliant with my gluten and corn free diet. White distilled vinegar is derived from corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment