Monday, August 31, 2020

Oat Start Cookies

 Great find! Oat Start cookies. These come in three varieties; chocolate chip, cinnamon raisin and cran-blueberry. 

Right out of the box I knew they would be good. They came in a resealable plastic container where they can stay fresh for quite a while.  

These little cookies are 50 calories each with 3 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber per serving. They hold a lot of nutrients with the oats, flaxseeds, fiber and dried fruits. 

The texture was very moist with no crumbling. Sweet but not too sweet. Nice consistency. 

These are available on their website   https://oatstart.com for 5.99 per package of one dozen   These cookies are little but nutrient dense. Very portable. They would make a good quick breakfast.

I brought these cookies with me when I went visit my brother this weekend. I had my brother and friends try them. Friends and family agreed they were really tasty even if you don’t need gluten free. 

I keep a very strict diet of no gluten or corn. I also avoid all gluten and corn derivatives, such as soy sauce and white distilled vinegar. Being on this diet, of my own making I have been in remission from Crohn's disease. This is through diet alone. These cookies fit in perfectly with my restrictive diet.







No comments:

Post a Comment