Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Product Alert

 I am always talking about how companies can change ingredients at any time. This is why it is important to read the ingredients of every product, every time, even ones that you use all the time.

Very very disappointed that Siete now uses xanthan gum in some of their tortillas. It seems that some of them do not, specifically the extra large burrito wraps. The chic pea ones do not contain the xanthan gum either. However the important thing is to read the labels. I made this mistake myself and only realized it after I got home.

Xanthan gum is a derivative of corn. In the absence of gluten, it helps things to hold together better. In order to keep my Crohn's in remission, I avoid all gluten and corn. And this includes all derivatives of gluten and corn. This is why I must avoid xanthan gum. These tortillas had been a staple for me. I will probably just buy the extra large but check the label every time.





No comments:

Post a Comment