Saturday, June 5, 2021

Where to Start: Journaling

At this point you may be wondering where to start. One of the best things to do is to keep a food journal. I did this when I was first diagnosed and it lead me figure out which foods I could and could not eat. Through trial and error I figured out that it was gluten and corn as well as gluten and corn derivatives which flared me. I eliminated these foods and went into remission from Crohn's. It takes a while but is worth the effort.

It is important to write down everything that goes into your mouth including drinks, snacks, gum and mints as well as supplements. 

Also note brand names of precooked foods. There are huge differences in ingredients depending on the brand.

Note the name of restaurants if you eat out.

Be sure to label bathroom results. Note the time of each bowel movement along with consistency, volume, blood level, gassiness...

I like adding some notes on how I feel and highlights of the day. 

Note the addition of any sauce or seasoning.

Below is an example of a typical journal entry.

#glutenfree #cornfree #Crohns #beatcrohns #crohnsflare #dietforcrohns #foodasmedicine

#naturalcurecrohns #curecrohns 



No comments:

Post a Comment