Monday, July 12, 2021

Making safe Lasagna

 Lasagna. so satisfying. Here is how I make it compliant with my diet.

1. Start with a good gluten free lasagna pasta. Must also be free from corn. I have found these Jovial noodles made with rice flour. Bonus: they don't need pre-boiled. Use straight from the box.

2. Mozzarella cheese needs to be free from corn starch. Often this is added to pre-shredded cheese to prevent clumping. I use a mozzarella cheese block and shred it myself. 8 ounces is the same as one bag. Also cheaper this way.

3. Ricotta cheese is a no no. It usually contains white vinegar. I use Daisey brand cottage cheese instead. Daisey does not contain vinegar. White vinegar will flare me.

Here's the recipe I used:

Ingredients:

1 box Jovial Lasagna noodles

1 or 1 and 1/2 pound ground meat

1 jar spaghetti sauce

2 eggs

8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese

16 ounce Daisey cottage cheese

1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (make sure no corn starch)

1 zucchini sliced (or other vegetables as desired such as spinach and broccoli)

1/2 cup sliced mushroom

Directions:

1. brown ground meat in pan

2. mix meat with most of the spaghetti sauce

3. pour rest of sauce in baking pan

4. combine cheeses and egg in separate bowl

5. layer noodles, meat, cheese mixture and vegetables

6. bake 50 minutes at 375 degrees

#glutenfreelasagna #glutenfree #cornfree #Crohns #dietforcrohns #crohnsdiet #Jovial

#foodasmedicine #crohnsflare #naturalcurecrohns #howIbeatcrohns 




No comments:

Post a Comment