Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Making Simple Swaps

 There are several things that I have learned to swap over the years to keep myself in remission from Crohn's. Avoiding gluten and corn is very hard. But I have found ways to make food very delicious without flaring myself. Here are some swaps I use all the time:

Instead of croutons on salad, I use salted nuts. Pistachios are particularly good. The salad pictured below is using pine nuts. I also leave off the dressing and use olive oil and lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.

Instead of sour cream, I use plain yogurt. Sour cream often contains white vinegar, which is a derivative of corn. Tastes almost the same. Added benefit of probiotics.

Instead of commercial mayonnaise, I use Vegenaise or smashed avocado. Mayonnaise contains white vinegar as well as corn syrup.

Instead of soy sauce, I use gluten free soy sauce or Bragg's aminos. Regular soy sauce is full of gluten.

Instead of White vinegar, I use apple cider, or balsamic vinegar

Instead of regular or sugar free soda, I use real sugar soda or seltzer water. Regular soda is sweetened with high fructose  corn syrup. Diet sodas use sweeteners that are derived from corn. 

#glutenfree #cornfree #crohns #dietforcrohns #crohnsdiet #crohnsflare #foodforcrohns

#foodasmedicine #cornderivatives #gluten #glutenderivatives #naturalcurecrohns #howIbeatcrohns



No comments:

Post a Comment