Thursday, July 25, 2019

Gluten and Corn Free Granola


This is one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast or to take with me when I go hiking. It is gluten and corn free. I would not recommend eating this during an active flare.

Ingredients:

* 2 cups rice Chex (crunched up)
* 2 cups gluten free oats
* 1/2 cup dry coconut flakes (check ingredients for corn syrup)
* 1/2 cup dried fruit (I use raisins or craisins)
* 1/2 cup nuts of choice (I like walnuts and almonds)
* 2 Tablespoons whole flax seeds
* 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
* 1/2 cup honey
* 2 Tablespoons blackstrap molasses
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon sea salt


 Directions:

- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put all ingredients in large bowl
- Add honey, molasses and coconut oil
- mix well
- add cinnamon and salt
- place on baking sheet with parchment paper
- press down with large spoon
- bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment