Thursday, July 18, 2019

What I Eat: Smoked Salmon

I absolutely love smoked salmon. But being corn and gluten free, I have had to make a few changes in order to enjoy one of my favorite meals.

Bagels: I use "Against the Grain" brand. Note: they do use cheese in their recipe, so it wouldn't be good for dairy sensitive individuals. But if it is tolerated, these bagels are good.

Smoked salmon: The one thing I look for is to make sure it doesn't contain corn syrup. Most of them do not, but there are some out there that do use corn syrup.

I do not use cream cheese just because of the fat content. However, if cream cheese is desired, Philadelphia cream cheese is good. It has to be the bar and not the whipped variety. The whipped contains modified food starch and xanthin gum. The modified starch could mean anything from gluten to corn. The xanthan gum is a derivative of corn.

I like to top mine with fresh tomatoes and onions. Theses vegetables can be irritating to the intestines for some people. I also like fresh spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment