Tuesday, March 12, 2019

What I Eat: Veggie Quinoa Bowl and Peach Cobbler

I went totally vegetarian tonight and it was absolutely delicious. It was a bowl of quinoa topped with roasted zucchini, roasted chic peas, and tomatoes. I seasoned the zucchini and chic peas with some paprika, salt and pepper. Then I topped the whole thing with some green onions, fresh thyme, and lemon juice. Originally, the recipe called for couscous, but that's full of gluten so that was a big no for be. Luckily, quinoa is my go-to substitute for couscous.

I also had a simple salad I made from some of the veggies I had lying around the house. I put in brussel sprouts, cubed turnip, and cubed apple. Then I topped it with some salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil.

I made an absolutely delicious peach cobbler tonight as well. I started with two bags of frozen peaches which I mixed with 1/4 cup sugar. Then I just added them to a buttered casserole dish. I used a gluten free Bisquick Gluten Free Pancake and Baking Mix* for the crust on top. Simply make the crust according to the package directions and then pour the batter over the peaches. Bake until golden brown and serve warm. I love serving it with vanilla ice cream!

*The Bisquick mix that I use is not completely corn free. It does contain xanthan gum which I do try to avoid most of the time. However, I do have a slight tolerance for it in very small quantities.

No comments:

Post a Comment