Saturday, March 9, 2019

What I Eat: Salmon, Green Beans, and Za'atar Spiced Quinoa


This dinner was really similar to what I ate the other day at the fish fry. I had salmon again, but you can never eat too much salmon! I seasoned it with just some salt and pepper.

I also made some quinoa to go with it. Once the quinoa was done cooking, I mixed in some za'atar spice. Za'atar is a delicious Middle Eastern spice blend usually made of thyme, oregano, marjoram, toasted sesame seeds, and salt. I love to use za'atar in my cooking! It's pretty much delicious on anything. Try seasoning fish or chicken with it. Or, mix it into some hummus for some extra flavor.

I made some green beans as well. I just steamed them in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. After that, I mixed in some butter.

I topped my fish with a yummy sauce made of sour cream, a sprinkle of fresh dill, salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice.

Then I topped the whole thing off with some dill and lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment